Goal setting is a vital element of a lady’s self-development. Life is a never-ending journey. Unless we have it clear in our mind which milestones we want to reach along the way, we will waste our lives going in various directions that aren’t of our own desire. We also notice that we repeatedly find ourselves back where we began.
This journey of life will be much more rewarding if we have a plan. Once we know which milestones (goals) we wish to reach along the way, we can concentrate our efforts to ensure that we keep heading in the right direction.
As we see ourselves repeatedly reaching our goals, our confidence increases and we feel even more empowered to reach for greater goals.
Goals should be both long-term and short-term. You are on a journey to one particular place, but you can map out many interesting stops along the way. The short-term goals keep you motivated for the long-term goals by marking and celebrating the progress which you have made. Highly successful people use goal setting techniques on a personal and business level.
How to start goal setting
If you don’t want your life to be a pointless ramble from drama to drama, then you first have to ask yourself probably the hardest question that you may ever be asked:
What do you want your life to be?
You are not doing yourself any favors if you are not able to clearly answer this question. Responses such as ‘peaceful’ and ‘happy’ are not defined enough. How will you be able to recognize the achievement of your goals if you are not aware of what they are? Equally, how can your energy attract these things to you, if you don’t place your order with the universe?
To help you to answer this question in concrete and comprehensive terms, I will provide you with a list of questions that you should give some serious thought.
There are many areas of your life in which you would benefit from having life goals, such as career, children, marriage, artistic and sportive endeavors, health, etc. For the purpose of this example I will give you some questions relating to your career.
1. What activities do I truly enjoy engaging in?
2. Can I earn money doing what I enjoy?
3. Is there a career which fits into what I enjoy and the lifestyle I want?
4. How far would I like to get in my chosen career?
5. How much would I like to earn and by what age?
6. Do I need to acquire any particular skills to succeed in this career?
7. Do I have anything that may be blocking me from succeeding in this career that I will need to work on?
8. How will success in these goals lead to my happiness and that of those I love?
9. How will my success make the world a better place?
10. How do I need to care for myself to ensure the smoothest journey possible?
How wonderful to have a concise idea of your lifetime goals. Now you will want to map out a series of short-term goals as milestone markers on your life journey. These may be divided by time periods, such as 1 month, 6 month, 1 year and 5 year goals.
Finally, enjoy your journey knowing that you have already mapped out the road to your success.
Share your experiences in the comments section below