Giving your nails a home manicure is more practical for a lot of women due to financial or time constraints. Perhaps you just enjoy caring for yourself and find a manicure an enjoyable time that you can spend with yourself. Here is how to manicure your nails at home. You could print this article out and keep it beside you as you complete your manicure.
* Remove your old nail polish.
* Wash your hands to remove any oils, acetone and dirt from your fingernails. Don’t forget to clean under your nails. A nail brush helps with this. Towel dry.
* Shape the tips of your fingernails. We are doing this first because subsequent steps will soften the nail. Work from the outer edge towards the center of the nail. Do not use a back-and-forth technique but file in an out-to-in direction only.
* Soak your fingertips in a bowl of warm water. Remove when the tips of your fingers begin to wrinkle (5-10 minutes).
* Using an orange stick, push back your cuticles. You may need to use a cuticle oil if your cuticles are particularly tough.
* Once your nails are dry, gently buff your nails surface to remove any ridges and to slightly rough up the surface of the nail. This will ensure that the nail polish is well-adhered.
* Apply a thin layer of base coat and allow it to dry to the point that it is still tacky.
* Time to apply color. Apply one or two thin coats of color. Ensure that you allow each layer of color to dry thoroughly between coats.
* Finish off with a clear topcoat which is a different polish than a basecoat. Allow to dry thoroughly and naturally.
* Pay yourself the money that you have just saved!
A home manicure is really an easy process and a fantastic way to give yourself a bit of pampering time.
Do you have any tips or experiences to share with your home manicure?
Share your experiences in the comments section below